simple is beautiful
Copenhagen Cycle Chic - Streetstyle and Bike Advoc: Copenhagen Irony and Black and Creme
2 ... 2 ...

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Copenhagen Irony and Black and Creme

Signage
Ahh. Life's ironies. Elegant, casual cyclist on a safe, separate bike lane cycles past a poster reading "Put the pedal to the metal and keep it there... Action Night on Channel 3+..."

Red
While skirtguards - or the more unisex 'coat protectors' as we call them in Danish - are a splendid idea, most modern skirts don't really require them. Ironic. But they remain aesthetic additions to any bicycle.

Cigarette girl 1
Black and Creme Perfection Collection from Lars. Smashing ensemble in classic Copenhagen style. Black outfit and then a creme-coloured; bicycle, bow in her hair, handbag in the basket, shoes, edges of the black bag on the back and a cigarette.

Purple on Purple
Many of our American readers were curious as to what I thought about riding Yahoo's purple Electra Townie. I must say it's a nice ride. The balloon wheels are a treat, but I'm addicted to them already from riding my Velorbis Scrap Deluxe. The Townie is smooth and comfortable. There are a whole bunch of gears that will never see the light of day but it is definately a cooler bike than I feared they would send.

The only thing I don't like is the beach cruiser posture of sitting farther back and pedalling down and away from my body. I like sitting higher up and pushing downwards, but that is personal taste. The purple colour doesn't go with anything I own, but that is something I can live with for the duration of Yahoo's campaign.

Also, the beach cruiser is popular at the moment - but mostly among the female 12-16 year old demographic, so I get lots of stares from young girls. Not a bad thing for the male ego.

Unfortunately, the camera has a software bug and Yahoo are fedexing a new one over to me so more photos will be on the way shortly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL